“DSC followed Centre’s guidelines”: Andhra CM Naidu rejects YSRCP’s allegations

Amravati (Andhra Pradesh) [India], August 22 (ANI): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu defended the Mega District Selection Committee (DSC) recruitment process, saying around 350 writ petitions filed against the recruitment were disposed of and jobs were subsequently provided to eligible candidates.
Naidu was speaking at the 'Swarna Andhra - Swachha Andhra' programme in Alamanda Koduru village, Anakapalli district.
He said allegations being raised nearly a year after the appointments were politically motivated.
CM Chandrababu Naidu said, "80% of teachers in schools were recruited through DSCs conducted during his governments, and stressed that teacher appointments and postings were being handled transparently.
He said the government introduced a counselling-based transfer system to end political interference and ensure postings based on merit.
He rejected allegations of malpractice in DSC and said candidates were responsible for submitting the required certificates and completing verification. "There were no irregularities in DSC, and I will not allow any," he said, asserting zero tolerance for corruption.
CM Naidu also highlighted the government's focus on sports, saying the sports quota in government jobs had been increased from 2% to 3%. He said children must give equal importance to education and sports for better physical and mental well-being.
He further said the DSC recruitment was conducted strictly according to Government of India guidelines, with no deviation from the prescribed rules.
Meanwhile, Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) chief and former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy alleged that irregularities in the District Selection Committee (DSC) recruitment process were clearly evident and accused the state government of refusing to acknowledge the alleged mistakes.
Jagan alleged that the government is willing to discuss the issue in the Legislative Assembly but is avoiding a discussion in the Legislative Council, where Opposition members could raise questions over the alleged irregularities.
He claimed that Chief Minister Naidu was apprehensive about the Opposition highlighting the alleged mistakes in the recruitment process.
Jagan also questioned state's Education Minister Nara Lokesh's claim that there was nothing wrong with assigning both the responsibility of preparing the DSC question paper and conducting the examinations to the same officer.
"In the history of AP DSC recruitments, the two responsibilities were never entrusted to the same individual. Assigning both responsibilities to one person laid the foundation for the irregularities," Jagan said.
The allegations come amid a broader Opposition campaign over the conduct of the DSC recruitment examination and appointments in the state.
YSRCP leaders have questioned how the DSC examination was conducted without a designated convenor and have sought clarity over the appointment of a State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) outsourcing employee who subsequently secured a district-top rank. (ANI)

